Thursday, July 17, 2014

Tablet Case


Sometimes the power tools I use happen to be sewing machines! 

This week I got a new tablet.  I needed a case for it but the ones at Best Buy were over $30! And they weren't very cute.  So Grandma and I went to work. 


I wanted to make a thick case so it would keep my tablet safe in my school bag.  So I sandwiched a piece of batting in between two pieces of fabric. I sewed diagonal stripes across the fabric about an inch apart.  Then I did the same thing the other way. 
Here is a close up of the quilting. 


We used the embroidery machine to put an S on the front pocket.  We sewed the pocket down to the quilted piece. 



Then I folded the piece of fabric in half to make a sleeve to fit my tablet. I cut one side across and the back side curved to make the flap.  

My grandma sewed pink casing around the edge to finish it off.


When sewing the casing, she made a little loop for the button.

Last step I sewed on the button.


And, TaDa! A Tablet case that cost me absolutely nothing! 





No comments:

Post a Comment